Thursday, December 4, 2014

Insanity of the Paperwork

(Image from Wikimedia Commons at  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Administrative_burden.JPG)
I have spent a healthy amount of time this semester preparing for graduation and, needless to say, losing my mind. When I first began this semester I was so excited,  just couldn't wait to touch my degree. Now I just want to finish my classes. Don't get me wrong I still want my degree (I didn't go through all of this trouble just for fun), it's just that my workload seems to have become exceedingly heavy.

I felt like I was drowning in course work, breaking my neck to perform at work, and still trying to make it to graduation. I was lost until I realized that I just needed a way to keep up with everything on my plate. Now the problem was I had no idea how to do that, so I went to my advisor. He suggested that I make prioritized lists of what needed to be done each day and make a separate one for graduation. Thankfully this course of action worked out better than I thought it would.

I'll be graduating in about a week, with my mind and sanity intact.

Here is how I make my prioritized lists http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-manage-time-by-prioritizing-daily-tasks.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment